Saturday 19 July 2008

The Struggle

Afternoon all!

So last time I wrote a post, I was watching Nadal and Fedderer's epic 5 setter - I was obviously getting into the spirit of things as I felt at the end of that match that anything is achievable. Physically I mean.

Those 2 nutters train everyday all year round and have the time to perfect their strength, technique, stamina etc to improve their overall game. We, the Everest lot, have to fit in all our fitness around our usual lives. I'm sure most of the 50 or so of us have going have never endevoured in such a big commitment of time and imput - a years worth of involvement in 1 project is a massive undertaking - I'm still coming to turns with it!

And I love it!

I love the fact that we have so much to do, all of us. We HAVE to work as a team. We HAVE to get on with each other, or this idea wont work. And we'll look very very silly. I famously have quite a big mouth and I've told everyone I know and their dog about Everest and our struggle for greatness. Imagine if we didn't get round to it! Or couldn't be arsed after a month or 2 of being on board. Silly silly faces!

So, we struggle on, raising awareness, hopefully raising some cash. Inspiring people. Impessing people! There's nothing wrong with that i dont think - the more we inspire (intimidate even!) the more we can change things. Thats awesome. People should feel they want to join something after hearing about us. Thats one goal I want to achieve.

1 comment:

Zooby said...

Why do you think I joined? It was people like yourself.